|you could replace the chocolate chips with raisins...but they're better this way!|
what you need:
- 1 cup APF
- 1 cup bran
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond milk
what to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin tin with medium sized muffin cups.
- Beat bananas and coconut sugar until they are well mixed (I used a mixer but if you don't have one you can use a fork to mash up the bananas then whisk in the coconut sugar vigorously).
- Add oil, milk and egg to banana mixture, mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips) together and stir with a fork to mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix just until combined (do not over mix as this will end up making tough dense muffins).
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups all the way - then bake for about 12 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (it may seem a bit moist but it's because of the bananas!) - remove from oven and transfer as soon as you can handle them to a cooling rack. They are delicious warm but the muffin cup tends to stick at first so just beware. Enjoy!
|the recipe should make 12 - |
I over filled slightly therefore was short one!