what you need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large bananas
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup 100% natural wheat bran
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
what to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly butter a standard sized loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork then beat well with sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Combine flour, bran, salt and baking soda in a small separate bowl.
- Add butter, vanilla and egg to banana mixture and beat to mix well.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and using a spatula, fold/stir to mix evenly. Try not to overwork the mixture.
- Add greek yogurt and fold with spatula, just until incorporated.
- Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, then sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top. Top with the rest of the batter, then bake for 40 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick in the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Remove and as soon as it is cool enough to handle, transfer loaf onto a cooling rack. Slice and enjoy!
|slice it up warm, delicious!|
|just a little bit of chocolate |
in the centre satisfies a chocolate craving