Monday, October 15, 2012

simple caesar dressing

a light
I used to make caesar dressing the "right" way...you know, egg yolk to emulsify, anchovy paste for saltiness...etc.  But a few months ago when I was still pregnant I couldn't eat raw eggs so I played around with this recipe and found that this version is just as good, requires less ingredients and easy to make (I'm not a fan of heavy creamy caesar dressing, as I think it weighs down the lettuce...so this recipe may seem more like a vinaigrette).  It's vegetarian friendly as well:)

what you need:
  • 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
  • Parmesan (a wedge best), 3 tbsp finely grated and some shavings for garnish
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 tbsp dijon mustard
what to do:
  1. In a mason jar, combine all ingredients and then shake well.  Taste - adjust pepper, salt, and either oil or vinegar if required (I tend to make my dressings more tangy, so if you find it too sour/acidic, add a little more oil).  Toss with romaine lettuce, bacon, and croutons for a classic caesar salad, then top with shaved Parmesan and a slice of lemon.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment